If you’re already in London or plan on visiting this month, then you’re in for enjoying a month-long celebration of London’s river during Totally Thames. There are concerts in unique places, large-scale art installations, you also get to explore the history of the Thames through free exhibitions and archaeology walks. Living in London doesn’t mean I’ve taken the time to enjoy all of these amazing activities and events, but I attend as many of them as I can, I truly enjoy the buzz, and it gets me out of the house on on days when I’m not at work, to get some much needed exercise. We all know how much harder it becomes to exercise from September to April. Once the sun becomes rare or disappears, our will to exercise begins to disappear with it.
Here are 12 things reasons you should definitely be visiting London for this month:
1. Catch the London Fashion Week Festival from 21 – 24 September.
2. Nose around some of the capital’s most interesting buildings during Open House London from 16 – 17 September.
3. This month is also your last chance to explore Buckingham Palace during its summer opening.
4. Enjoy the great sights of the Queen’s Guards.
5. If you enjoy shopping or just want to do some glam window shopping, why not pop over to London’s Mayfair?
6. You haven’t been to “the market” unless you’ve been to Borough Market, up in south London.
7. Stop by London’s Tower Bridge for a quick selfie and a walk. Enjoy breathtaking views.
…or just go see it shine bright at night.
8. Don’t forget to pass by Westminster, one of the UK’s “HQ”.
9. What’s a visit to London without a quick stop to see Big Ben. And don’t forget, as of a few weeks ago, the bells don’t chime daily any more. The news is that it will chime only on “special occasions” or so. But it doesn’t take much away from enjoying the unique sights.
10. Take the famous London double-decker buses and black cabs for a ride around the town, or get a kick out of posing for photographs in the popular red phone booth.
11. Know the story about the London Eye?
Discover it and enjoy a ride on the London Eye that will take you high, literally…
12. Generally, I’m not a big fan of rigid tours when I go travelling, I like to get out there, enjoy the sights and discover fab hideaways, where the locals get the best of everything.
If you’re visiting London this month or this winter, I hope you enjoy every bit of what out wonderful city has got to offer.