I’m yet to meet anyone who doesn’t like summer, but do they also like autumn as much as I do? Autumnal equinox kicked in 2 days ago, and I’ve welcome it with open arms. Of course I’m sad to see summer go so quickly, but then again, summer in London never lasted long enough. However, this year. the summer has been hotter than usual and managed to last longer than I can remember for previous years.
Here are 6 reasons why I just love autumn in London:
1. The parks are so much prettier. I can’t put my finger on it, but everything just looks picture perfect.
2. How I love a good drink on a cold morning or even evening. London is full of beautiful cafes, both big and small. If you’re lucky you’ll find one nearby that sells organic or good herbal teas. It also doesn’t hurt to have a nibble on something delicious while you’re there.
3. When in any tall building in the city the panorama can be so breathtaking.
4. Shopping on the high street isn’t as hectic. With fewer people and tourists on the streets, you don’t have to worry about anyone knocking you over.
5. If you’re feeling adventurous you can take a walk in the woods. It looks so pretty during this time of the year.
6. As much as I love daylight, it gets too much when it’s 10 pm and you look out there only to see that it looks as bright as noon. I like it better when it gets dark just in time for bed. Don’t we all?